Course "How to build a complete Safety, Health & Environment Management System through Standards & Practices" has been pre-approved by RAPS as eligible for up to 12 credits towards a participant's RAC recertification upon full completion.
A management system, by definition, is a process by which a function or functions are carried out in an organization by a series of hierarchal documents that are prescriptive, and set a particular path on which the organization manages its day-to-day operations.
A management system can be for one function, but more often than not, it incorporates many functions. Functions like accounting, engineering, banking, etc. have their own management systems, and the Safety, Health and Environmental, as well as Training and Security should have their own management system. This brings efficiency, consistency, cost effectiveness and timeliness to the entire process.
In order to work effectively, Corporate sets and creates (with business asset) input, the various standards around the functions
The SH&E, plus training and security are the functions we will build the standards and practices around. There are 16 functions that cover the SHE & TS world. We build a standard and practice around all 16 functions. Supporting documents, associated programs, procedures or standard operating procedures (SOP) will be a part of the particular function being managed. The 16 functions that will have a standard and practice specific to the function are:
• Hazard identification & control
• Occupational health & industrial hygiene
• Incident management
• Emergency preparedness
• Regulatory compliance
• Reporting performance
• Managing risk
• Managing safety
• Management security
• Verification & audits
• Document & record management
• Contractor & service provider management
• Competency management (training)
• Commitment, communication and implementation
• Managing change
Why should you attend :
Every organization in today's business atmosphere, in order to be competitive and in compliance must have a comprehensive management system in place and operating smoothly. For those companies who do not understand this, the going is much harder and very much more expensive.
The standards and practices that are put in place act as the cornerstone for decisions being made relative to resources and dollars spent within the SH&E scope of business.
This process accomplishes the following:
• Identifies the things that need to be managed within the function
• Construct a process, tool, or mechanism that best manages each of those things identified
• They are usually a set of standards, practices and programs that are built specifically for a particular function
• Build the standard, practice or program so that it can be adjusted according to results
• Build a measuring metric, benchmark or scorecard with both lagging and leading indicators
• Build the management system in a way that is hierarchal in structure within the organization – (corporate sets and standards and the business unit builds the practice around the standard)
Location: Baltimore, MD Date: April 6th & 7th, 2017 and Time: 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Venue: The DoubleTree Baltimore-BWI Airport
Address: The DoubleTree Baltimore-BWI Airport 890 Elkridge Landing Road – Linthicum, MD 21090
Register now and save $200. (Early Bird)
Price: $1,295.00 (Seminar Fee for One Delegate)
Until February 28, Early Bird Price: $1,295.00 From March 01 to April 04, Regular Price: $1,495.00
Register for 5 attendees Price: $3,885.00 $6,475.00 You Save: $2,590.00 (40%)*
NetZealous DBA as GlobalCompliancePanel
161 Mission Falls Lane, Suite 216, Fremont,CA 94539, USA
Registration Link –
Follow us on LinkedIn: ?
Like us our Facebook page:
Follow us on Twitter:
Help us caption & translate this video!
Tags: health and safety courses health and safety training courses health safety and environment occupational health and safety management system safety and environmental management system safety and health management safety management system