easy daliya recipe | vegetable daliya khichdi recipe | broken wheat recipe
* Oil – 1/2 Tbsp
* Ghee – 1 Tbsp
* Broken wheat – 1 cup
* Moong dal – 1/2 cup
* Ginger – small,
* Green chillies -2,
* Garlic – 2 cloves,
* Potato – small
* Peas / matar – 2 Tbsp
* 1 carrot
* 4 cups water
* Salt as per taste
1. In a cooker heat 1 Tbsp ghee and 1/2 tsp oil and after that add finely chopped ginger, garlic and chillies and sauté for 1 min.
2. Add diced potatoes, carrots and peas and salt to taste.
3. Saute for a minute or two
4. Add thoroughly washed broken wheat and moongdal to it and saute for 30 sec
5. now add 3 to 3.5 cups of water for thick consistency and 4-5 cups of water for thin cereal like consistency (for toddlers).
6. Stir it and adjust salt as per taste
7. cover and pressure cook for 4 whistles or till dalia gets cooked completely.
8. finally, serve mixed vegetable dalia with some pickle.
Music:Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License